It only seems right to start this post off with Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful time bringing in 2015 and hopefully this year is as good as the past ones for you. 2014 was my first full year out of University and it's been quite an adjustment, going from living with friends and seeing them everyday to then being scattered all over the UK and going out into the big bad world! I've been reading blogs for years and finally built up the courage to start my own after leaving uni. I have absolutely loved writing posts and taking photos with my lovely (very patient) boyfriend and my resolution for this year is to write and post more varied content, and there's no time like the present! This post is a little collection of my favourite things from 2014, and there are no fashion related faves in there so fingers crossed my resolution is off to a good start...
1.) Mad Men: I've only recently got into Mad Men and am already on to season 2. I adore the 1960s and Mad Men is a treasure trove for glorious high-neck dresses and A-line skirts and retro music. Everything about the series is oh so stylish and January Jones has become my most recent girl crush (insert heart-eyed emoji here).
2.) Daisy Dream: 'Daisy' by Marc Jacobs was my fragrance of 2013 and 'Daisy Dream' has been my fragrance of 2014. The Daisy collection just seems to get better and better and I can't get enough of the floral fragrances and well, need I say anything about the beautiful bottles?!
3.) FoodBabyNY: I've been making a conscious effort to post more on Instagram recently and as a result I've discovered a few amazing new accounts. I follow countless fashion and beauty Instagram accounts but I've also been ogling over lots of foodie accounts, like the brilliant @foodbabyny. Mike Chau simply takes photos of his adorable baby with numerous mouth-watering and wonderful food. Babies, food and babies wearing food, what more could you want?
4.) The Help: I would love to call myself a bookworm, but I'm a bit of a part-timer. I go through phases of reading books in a few days and then go months without even touching one, but reading has always been one of my favourite pastimes. My favourite book of 2014 was hands down, 'The Help' by Kathryn Stockett. It is such a thought-provoking and brilliantly written book which seriously makes you think, laugh and cry. The 1960s is a favourite era of mine in terms of fashion and music, but it's surreal how horrible and backwards equality was back then. I won't go into too much detail as I'm sure you've probably seen the film but if you're after a book with a historical backbone and personal storytelling style, then I cannot recommend it enough!
I'd love to hear your favourites of 2014, especially books, as I'm after a few new reads for this year!
Melissa XO
Labels: 2014, blogger, books, favourites, fbloggers, instagram, marc jacobs, new year